Wednesday, November 5, 2014

do something


This little starfish story made me think that I should help someone in need.  Give back, pay it forward. So, today I did some research on finding a family to adopt for the holidays.  Get some presents for them, make a basket of food for them to cook for Christmas dinner, do something, anything.... I have a feeling it will help me more than it will help them in the long run.  It's a good thing to feel like you helped someone and made a difference.  Especially a kid that may not have had anything for Christmas or a mom that is struggling to pay bills and put food on the table nevermind buying toys. 

I realized today that although I did not come from a rich family, a pretty poor family actually, but I do not know what it is like to go without on a holiday or any time really.  My mother always made sure Christmas was an amazing day for me.  I had every single toy that was on my list.  Then when my mother died, my sister did the same thing.  She would work doubles as a bartender to make sure I had the designer coats I wanted, or the best sneakers, or concert tickets for the bands that I HAD to see.  I never went without anything.  I should pay that forward.  I should do something for some kid that doesn't have a Kelly to work doubles for them.  I should do something for the kid or family that Christmas is just another reason to be sad and feel left out. 



1 comment: