I found this today and it inspired me to write down 3 nice things people have said, 3 nice things I have done for others, 3 nice things I have done for myself, and 3 good memories....So here they are.
3 Nice things people have said to me:
- In the very last note Kevin wrote to me before losing Lydia he wrote: To my wife, the mother of my child, and my best friend, I love you more and more each year and there's no one else in the world I'd rather build a life with.
- Everytime my sister tells me she is proud of how I turned out and reminds me my mother would be proud too
- The text I got from my mother in law the night before my wedding. Telling me she was so happy Kevin found me and she couldn't have picked better to join her family
- I gave money to the guy at the train even though I knew the likelyhood of him using it for something other than food because I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt
- I once made Kevin a book for 100 reasons why I love him
- When my best friend got a promotion I hid cards in his car to congratulate him on his promotion, then I texted clues where to find them.
- I had the gastric bypass even though I was so scared to do it and everyone told me not to. It was the best thing I've ever done for myself
- Starting this blog has helped me not be bottled up about my feelings and the loss of Lydia. I did this only for myself. It is not private and I let anyone and everyone read it in hope that they understand me a little better and I am made to leave my comfort zone a little more.
- I challenge myself. I dont take the easy way out and I have made that a part of how I live my life. I try not to settle.
- Going to the beach when I was about 10 with my sister Kelly and walking around the entire beach and picking up star fish. We must of collected them for hours
- The Jaws ride at Disney land with my mom. Her glasses got fogged up and she used her fingers like wiping blades to wipe them. It made me laugh.
- When Kevin proposed. It was a surprise. He knew that I didnt want him to propose in public. He said he was going to work and stayed home while I was at work and carved 14 pumpkins with WILL YOU MARRY ME then lit them up in the back yard. When he picked me up from work he told me to go get annies leash out of the yard. When I opened the door there they all were. Bright and beautiful. He was behind me on one knee holding up the ring.
With that said I will now remind myself that I AM WONDERFUL